The location of Parkhotel Wehrle on the market square in Triberg, a small town in the large Black Forest, has its origins reaching far into the past. Parkhotel Wehrle was founded in 1608 where it was originally called the "Golden Ox", which even then suggested a place of noble hospitality, and in 1707, the first generation of the Wehrle family took possession of the property. The famous Black Forest Railway (Schwarzwaldbahn) was built in the 19th century and its many tunnels and bends, being a masterpiece of construction, helped benefit Triberg from tourism. The Wehrle family changed the name of their hotel to "Hotel Wehrle zum Ochsen" and just before the outbreak of the First World War, renamed it once again to the present "Parkhotel Wehrle".
find out more